Being vegan doesn’t mean you will find it hard to find your daily protein intake and if fact its very simple! With an abundance of natural plant based foods out there its more straight forward than you think. Try some of these ideas to help build up lean muscle and to stay strong, fit and healthy
1. Quinoa: Try this protein-rich whole grain instead of rice for a flavourful swap that will keep you feeling fuller for longer.
2. Broccoli: Added to your lunchtime salad or as a side dish to a week night meal, broccoli is a dark leafy green that’s packed with protein.
3. Beans: With plenty of varieties, beans offer a low-fat way to get more protein and fibre into your diet.
4. Peanut Butter: Like nuts, peanut butter is a great way to give your body the protein it needs. Because of the high fat content, its important to eat this tasty treat in moderation.
5. Soy: Some varieties of tofu and protein provide as much protein as milk.
6. Lentils: Perfect in soups or as a side, lentils are an economical way to get flavour and protein into your diet.
7. Nuts and seeds: A handful of your favourite nuts provide protein and other vitamins. Swap a handful of potato chips for the crunch of natural nuts and you’ll give your body a filling protein boost.
8. Cereals: Cereals fortified with extra protein from whole grains are an excellent breakfast or any time snack. Make your own oatmeal and top it with your favourite ingredients for a healthy, tasty way to begin your day.